Common utilities

Toby Burress kurin at delete.org
Thu Aug 31 22:42:05 UTC 2006

I've been working on a docbook book for a while now and I'd like
to get some feedback before I go much further.

The purpose is to be a guidebook listing various utilities available
in FreeBSD that a new (or not so new) admin might not be familiar
with or, if he/she knows about them, perhaps he doesn't quite know
what they can do.

Right now I basically have a skeleton of utilities written up.  You
can find the HTML at http://www.causa-sui.net/common-utils/ and the
SGML at http://www.causa-sui.net/cu-src.tar.bz2.

Please let me know what you think, all comments welcome, etc.
Specifically let me know if you think this is different enough from
the handbook to warrant its own book (to me the handbook seems
task-oriented, whereas this project has no specific tasks in mind,
its only goal is to breed awareness and perhaps familiarity).

Thanks,
Toby