FreeBSD's minimum memory requirements.

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 28 16:55:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:28:52AM -0500, Mark Linimon wrote:
> My own preference would be to either see it in the Handbook, or as a
> separate (short) article.

If there is a place where this information is missing it's in the release
hardware notes, it's an obvious place to look for this sort of
information.
If you read http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.1R/hardware-i386.html
there's nothing about the minimum amount of RAM.  We should really add
that information in all next release hardware notes.

(It would be possible to ask the Handbook reader to just look at the
hardware notes of his FreeBSD version, it's in some ways already the
case:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-supported-hardware.html
We will just need to add a sentence regarding the amount of necessary
RAM, in fact just a link pointing to the related section of the hardware
notes, this will avoid outdated information.)

Marc