Status of pt_BR documentation

Flavio Henrique Araque Gurgel fhagur at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 11:36:37 UTC 2006

Hello

I have just subscribed this mailing list and want to introduce myself.
I'm a brazilian FreeBSD user in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I have some experience
using GNU/Linux (Debian and alikes) at home and some companies and made some
help in translation and even writing some documentation for open source and
other private software projects.
I started using FreeBSD at home for about an year or so to learn how it
works. Today I use just FreeBSD at home and some companies that I used to
maintain Debian should be migrated gradually to FreeBSD because of better
stability, up-to-date ports, security and other features that I appreciate
in FreeBSD today.

Now what is really important:
I have checked on the web about brazilian portuguese documentation for
FreeBSD and I think it's very uncomplete or old.
I made some searches on google and found some private companies discussions
and that's all.
The Documentation Project of FreeBSD Users Group in Brazil
http://doc.fugspbr.org/ seems to be stopped since FreeBSD 4
The home page of the same group http://www.fugspbr.org/ is * blank *!
The subscription page for the mailing list of that group returns an error
page.

Do you know what happened to that project? I wanted to subscribe that group
to help them as I do in other places.

Today I think is almost impossible for a non english speaking brazilian to
install and maintain a FreeBSD box. There is no official documentation
easily available. Maybe some in private forums or spreaded howtos.

Best regards!
Flavio Henrique A. Gurgel
Sao Paulo - Brazil