docs/95275: Threading libraries in Porter's Handbook

Jean-Baptiste Quenot jbq at caraldi.com
Tue Apr 4 08:10:22 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR docs/95275; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq at caraldi.com>
To: Pav Lucistnik <pav at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/95275: Threading libraries in Porter's Handbook
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:06:41 +0200

 * Pav Lucistnik:

 > How  many ports  need this?   I  never seen  this problem.   I'd
 > prefer not to add this to PH, if it's of minor impact.

 All  ports that  need linking  with threading  libraries and  that
 use  ld(1) for  linking.   This problem  arose  on www/resin2  and
 www/resin3,  I don't  really understand  why other  ports are  not
 affected.  But if  you look at the man page  ld(1) you will notice
 that indeed -pthread is not an available option.
 --
      Jean-Baptiste Quenot
 aka  John Banana Qwerty