Restructure the Contributors article

Joel Dahl joel at automatvapen.se
Mon Sep 12 19:11:13 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 10:48 -0700, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> Joel Dahl <joel at automatvapen.se> writes:
>
> > Have you looked at the FreeBSD.org frontpage?  I quote:
> > "It is developed and maintained by a large team of individuals"
> > The last part is a link to this article.  This is confusing, since
> > people that follows this link probably expects some kind of information
> > about our developers, certain teams, etc, not a bunch of old donor
> > entries.
>
> That's easily fixed with a ".../index.html#core", but having my
> attention drawn to the "Donations" section of freebsd.org and the
> newer version of a "Donors Gallery", I'll object to your move for
> another reason: the old Donors Gallery should be moved to some other
> page, probably http://www.freebsd.org/donations/donors.html (until the
> Gallery content can be worked into the table).

Your only objection is that this belongs somewhere else, and I agree,
but that doesn't solve the current problem as long as nobody steps up
and makes a sweep with his magical wand.

If you or someone else would like to do the work, and move the donors
gallery somewhere else, for example to www/en/donations/donors.sgml --
fine by me.  If not, then I'll move it the end of the article instead,
since that is a lot better than the current situation.

--
Joel - joel at FreeBSD dot org