Suggestions for www.freebsd.org and questions

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Sat Sep 10 01:43:29 UTC 2005

Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> writes:

> On 2005-09-09 16:17, Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com> wrote:
>>
>> [2] I noticed that the links below are general instructions, but
>> maybe having two very similar documents throws off some people
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/index.html
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/install.html
>
> Probably.  Information overload is as bad as complete lack of any
> information at all in many cases.  But these two are pretty essential
> links to have.

I was thinking that he probably meant that the FAQ duplicates much
of the information in the release/install doc that he first mentioned.

And much of it is probably seen a third time in the handbook.

I was thinking of looking all three over and seeing if there was any
way of having just a Handbook chapter that could be put in place of
the release/install doc.  But I've barely seen any of them for a long
time.