FreeBSD/alpha 5.4-RELEASE Hardware Notes

Owen Mann owen at mann.org
Sun Oct 30 20:42:50 UTC 2005

Hi,
	I wanted to add a couple tidbits for the Alpha harware notes. First, a Symbios
53C896 with PCI IC 1000:000b does NOT work on my PC164 board with SRM 5.5-1
(latest, I believe). I found this odd, since the Symbios 53C895 is listed as
working (PCI IC 1000:000c).
Second, the AlphaStation 200 also came in a 100MHZ flavor, despite what its web
page says:
http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/workstations/retired/a200series.html
BUT, if you look at the "Golden Egg" doc, it's there:
http://h18002.www1.hp.com/info/GEB201/GEB201PF.PDF

I am gathering parts for a PC164SX board as well, and will update you with
anything interesting I find.
My Alpha collection has page on my site, if you're interested:
http://www.numlock.net/toys/computers/specs/alpha-specs.html

I am a Linux guy, but your hardware info for the Alpha is second to none, so I
thought I'd pitch in. I have a decent amount of hardware, so if there's any
combinations you'd like me to try, or anything else I can do, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks!
-Owen Mann