docs/87445: comments for improvement of handbook/kernelconfig-config.html

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Sat Oct 15 12:20:39 UTC 2005

[ Moved to doc@ from some other place ]

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 05:58:37AM -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:

>                                                     Or perhaps
> 4.X will be knifed from the handbook.  And most likely, the
> only people who will expect it coming will be those that aren't
> going to stand in my way.[1]  :)
>
> [1]: Please don't take that as if it's rude, I'm actually
>      joking around with it.  Cause I know that if someone
>      tried that, well, to core && doceng they'd be explaining.

Actually that's a great idea.  There's no reason why we couldn't, like
today, commit a copy of the current handbook to handbook4 and then get
rid of all the crud from the real handbook.  Same deal with the FAQ.
The information is still available then, but we no longer have to tear
our own hair own trying to maintain the documents.

Ceri
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)