docs/87073: New article: Maintaining and contributing to the FreeBSD Ports Collection

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Oct 9 17:01:06 UTC 2005

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 01:22:05PM +0300, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> Maybe it would make sense to cross-reference this in both PH (as PH is
> a technical document, e.g. answer very detailed to how but doesn't give
> you as fast the big picture) and Ports chapter in Handbook (both to
> encourage people being maintainers and to provide some better
> understanding towards maintainers).

Absolutely.  I think first I'll just try to get it committed so at least
we can be referring people to it.  After that I think we'll find things
to tweak up in it, too.

As has been discussed (possibly off-list) there's stuff in the PH that
isn't technical and that stuff needs to go "somewhere" and then everything
get cross-referenced.

mcl