FreeBSD documentation format [was: Re: FAQ Updates]

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri Oct 7 05:17:48 UTC 2005

On 2005-10-06 22:27, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 07:22:55PM -0700, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
>> But I've long wished that the Docbook docs be ditched after
>> using their content to seed a wiki.  A small subset of HTML
>> is sufficient markup for anybody but book publishers, IMO.
>
> I hope to God that we never do this.  I may be a minority of
> one, but I find wiki markup language to be the worst
> abomination foisted off on computer users since Windows NT 1.0.
> I can _not_ work on editing wiki data for more than about 10
> minutes before I simply cannot stand it any more and walk away.

Ditto.

I have grown quite allergic to wikis too for any amount of
serious work lately.  The general idea of a wiki is something I
like a lot.  The little details of how and where spaces or other
special wiki-characters have to be put to get a consistent *and*
nice look and feel is always what gets me after about 1-2
minutes.  The fact that hare writing in undersized web form
windows that work in their own special, quite unfathomable ways,
quite unlike vim, emacs or any other text editor I've learned to
like so far, is another factor for my wiki-allergy :)