FreeBSD 5.4 STUPID INSTALLATION NOTES

bart doe risc4all at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 07:06:42 UTC 2005

Hello I am John Barkas.

I can understand the FreeBSD 5.2 issues that made you release 5.2.1 as well
as the FreeBSD 5.3 8GB RAM issue and the nVidia nForce3 Pro-150 IO-APIC or
ACPI disabling BUT THAT IS AS FAR AS IT GOES!!!YOU MUST GET SERIOUS...
IN PAGE : http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/installation-amd64.html YOU
GIVE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BUT IN PARAGRAPH: 4.2 Common Installation
Problems for AMD64 Architecture Users  THE SITUATION IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!
To be specific the:

Q:4.2.1. My system hangs while probing hardware during boot, or it behaves strangely during install, or the floppy drive isn't probed.
A:FreeBSD 5.0 and above makes extensive use of the system ACPI service on the i386 platform to aid in system configuration if it's detected during boot.
IN AMD64 YOU REFER TO i386!!!

Q:4.2.3. My legacy ISA device used to be recognized in previous versions of
FreeBSD, but now it's not. What happened?
NO ISA BUS EXISTS ON AMD64 AND GENERALLY ON HYPERTRANSPORT!!!

Q:4.2.8. I booted the install floppy on my IBM ThinkPad (tm) laptop, and the
keyboard is all messed up.
NON AMD64 MACHINE LEAVE COMMENT TO i386 AS THIS MACHINE IS SURELY i386 AND THE AMD64 FREEBSD CANNOT BE INSTALLED ON IT.

Q:4.2.9. My system can not find my Intel EtherExpress 16 card.
THIS CARD IS BASED ON THE ISA BUS.NO ISA BUS EXISTS ON AMD64 AND GENERALLY ON HYPERTRANSPORT!!!

Q:4.2.10. When installing on an EISA HP Netserver, my on-board AIC-7xxx SCSI
controller isn't detected.
THIS MACHINE IS BASED ON THE EISA BUS.NO EISA BUS EXISTS ON AMD64 AND GENERALLY ON HYPERTRANSPORT!!!

Q:4.2.11. I have a Panasonic AL-N1 or Rios Chandler Pentium machine and I find
that the system hangs before ever getting into the installation now.
THIS HERE SHOWS THAT YOU ARE REALLY IRRELEVANT TO COMPUTERS OR LAZY!!!!!EVEN DOGS KNOW THAT THE PENTIUM IS NOT AMD64 BUT i386

OK YOU HAVE SHOWED US YOUR STUPIDITY,JUST FIX THEM IMMEDIATELY TO SAVE YOUR DIGNITY!!!

ALSO THE FOLLOWING MUST REFER TO i386 PLEASE CHECK THEM TOO!!
4.2.16. IBM Netfinity 3500
4.2.14. Dell Poweredge XE