Building documents outside doc/ tree impossible?

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 30 15:54:06 UTC 2005

Yar Tikhiy <yar at comp.chem.msu.su> wrote
  in <20050530141615.GA55963 at comp.chem.msu.su>:

ya> My memory fails to tell me reliably if this was ever possible, but
ya> I've just found that building a document outside the doc/ tree fails
ya> due to errors regarding mailing list entities.  Of course, I'm
ya> setting DOC_PREFIX to the actual location of the doc/ tree.  Is
ya> this by design, due to a bug, or my fault?  I've failed to find any
ya> suspicious Makefile.inc files in the tree or whatever.

 You have to set both of $DOC_PREFIX and
 $LANGCODE (LANGCODE=en_US.ISO8859-1, for example).