modifications to handbook 14.10: VPN over IPSec

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Mon May 30 15:13:31 UTC 2005

On 2005-05-29 23:09, Joe Devietti <devietti at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD Documentation team,
>
> While installing an IPSec VPN between two gateways running 5.4-RELEASE, I
> found that 2 small changes to the instructions listed in the Handbook
> (Chapter 14, Section 10, "VPN over IPSec") were necessary to make the VPN
> work.  Perhaps I misunderstand some things, but I know at least that the
> modified directions worked for me.
[...]

I'll soon have to set up a VPN over IPsec connection at home, so these
changes you mentioned may prove useful.  When I do test setting up the
VPN connection, I may need to contact you in person, if that's no
problem.

Then I'll update the section with any changes we find necessary.

Thanks for posting the comments :-)