3.x/4.x migration FAQs: axe or not?

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Thu May 12 01:56:28 UTC 2005

Before I go and completely delete these FAQs: any reason why we should
keep them?  They're for upgrading from 3.x to 4.x.  At this point, I
suspect that our real answer would be "reinstall from 5.4 media and
start over."  :-)

3.12. I have just upgraded from 3.X to 4.X, and my first boot failed with "bad sector table not supported"

3.13. How do I tell if a drive has bad144 information on it before I
try to upgrade to FreeBSD 4.0 and it fails?

3.14. How do I remove bad144 from my pre-4.X system so I can upgrade
safely?

--
Michael W. Lucas	mwlucas at FreeBSD.org, mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org

"The cloak of anonymity protects me from the nuisance of caring." - Non Sequiter