typo in - 5.7.3.1 The KDE Display Manager

Marc Fonvieille blackend at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 27 13:27:37 UTC 2005

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 02:22:51PM +0200, Roman Kaganovich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to configure kdm in FreeBSD release 5.3 and found this typo
> (or error) in the Handbook (section 5.7.3.1 The KDE Display Manager).
>
> ============================================================================================
> For the *KDE* login-time desktop background to be honored, the following
> line needs to be added to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0:
>
> /usr/local/bin/*kdmdesktop
>
> *
>
> ============================================================================================
>
> As I've found , there isn't /usr/local/bin/kdmdesktop application in KDE
> package distributed with FreeBSD 5.3.
> Instead this the  /usr/local/bin/kdesktop should be used.

Hello,

According to KDE CVS logs,
(http://webcvs.kde.org/kdebase/kdm/ChangeLog?rev=1.34&view=auto)
kdmdesktop has been renamed to krootimage.  I don't use KDE but it seems
s/kdmdesktop/krootimage/ is a better choice.
What do you think about that?

Marc