kernel compiling possible error

Tue Mar 8 09:27:31 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm a bit new, so maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, yesterday I recompiled
my kernel, I did that before, but as always I kept the handbook
open to check that I wouldn't forget some important part. After
making the altered kernel configuration file I had to do some other
things on the machine, something happened. Then I continued, using
"Procedure 1. Building a Kernel the ``Traditional'' Way".
When I issued # /usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL I received an error, but
after I navigated to the directory MYKERNEL was in, everything worked.

So, maybe there should be a sidenote that you either have to be in
the right directory or give the full path.

Lucas