docs/84317: fdp-primer doesn't show class=USERNAME distinctively

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Sun Jul 31 13:30:19 UTC 2005

The following reply was made to PR docs/84317; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ceri Davies <ceri at submonkey.net>
To: "Gary W. Swearingen" <garys at opusnet.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/84317: fdp-primer doesn't show class=USERNAME distinctively
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:26:43 +0100

 On 29 Jul 2005, at 20:20, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
 >  Marc Fonvieille <blackend at FreeBSD.org> writes:
 >

 >> hmm, weird cause the rendering is Ok here with Mozilla 1.7.7
 >> (FreeBSD),
 >> did you try with other versions or browsers?
 >>

 >  No, I have no others installed.  Maybe some doc@ readers will report
 >  whether "root" looks distinct in the "User and group names" line at
 >
 >  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/
 > preface-conventions.html

 It looks different here on every browser I have (Firefox, Camino,
 Safari, Internet Explorer).  That's because of the browser's default
 style for <tt> though, as docbook.css has nothing for either the tt
 element or the username class.

 Perhaps we should be specifying a font family in the stylesheet?

 Ceri