SA-05:17.devfs link broken off main page

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 20 16:09:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 07:38:49AM -0800, Royce Williams wrote:
> On 7/20/2005 7:37 AM, Royce Williams wrote:
>
> >Not sure whether to post this to -doc or -security, but I get
> >"550 Failed to change directory" when I click on the
> >FreeBSD-SA-05:17.devfs link off of the main page.  Using fetch to
> >pull the URL works, though.
> >
> >ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-05:17.devfs.asc
>
> And of course, as soon as I try it again after sending this message,
> it's working again. :/
>
> Is there a small window of time in which the main page is updated, but
> the advisory directory tree hasn't been yet?

Yes, both ftp.freebsd.org servers only update several times a day. As
with most security issues, there's a specific time the advisory gets
released so the patches cannot be uploaded beforehand and so after the
SA gets published there's a short period until both mirrors are updated.
At least one of them has the patches, the other one should have them or
get them soon.

-erwin
--
Erwin Lansing

DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were harmed while sending this message.