please help install Freebsd

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 20 15:14:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:52:49 -0500
Kue Lin <kuetlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi

Hello,

>  i try to install freebsd in my old P2 box  i download from
> freebsd.org site and burn to CD.  But i do not know where i can
> download boot disk alos i'm new in linux plase help.

This really isn't a q&a forum, please see
FreeBSD-questions at FreeBSD.org for that.  But lets get you started:

1: FreeBSD is not Linux.  Be careful with this you may get an
   earfull from Linux people if you mention this to them.  :)

2: The boot disks you're speaking of are located on the CD,
   depending on what version you plan to install.  A wealth
   of information is available through our online documentation,
   see this link:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

And that should be a good kickstart to have you well on your
way.  :)

--
Tom Rhodes