docs/76324: [patch] '[P|p]orts collection' -> 'PortsCollection' in Handbook

Denis Peplin den at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 17 11:24:49 UTC 2005

Hello!

Kirill Ponomarew wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 12:50:02PM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
>

>>I wonder if this could be a problem for some languages where a word
>>changes when used in e.g. singular/plural form, or with declinations,
>>cases, and so on.  A prime example: in the Russian version of the
>>Handbook, the title for chapter 4.5 is "Использование Коллекции Портов",
>>and the word used, 'Kolekcii', is a derivative of the word 'Kolekcija'.
>>How exactly should this be represented using entities? :)
Impossible.
Same issue as with &release.type; in release docs.

> Russian translators can just ignore such entities for plural form
> and use it only for singular form eg.
It is used in plural form very often.
I think, it is better (for translators) to leave "Ports Collections"
as it is, w/o moving to &ports;