docs/76324: [patch] '[P|p]orts collection' -> 'Ports Collection' in Handbook

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Mon Jan 17 10:50:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 11:41:41AM +0100, Kirill Ponomarew wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:40:28AM +0000, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >  How about making it an entity, &ports;, that expands to
> >  "Ports Collection"?  Then we can simply write:
> >
> >  	the &ports;
> >
> >  which will expand to the Proper(TM) spelling and capitalization of the
> >  Ports Collection to the current output language/encoding.
>
> I think it's pretty good idea.

I wonder if this could be a problem for some languages where a word
changes when used in e.g. singular/plural form, or with declinations,
cases, and so on.  A prime example: in the Russian version of the
Handbook, the title for chapter 4.5 is "Использование Коллекции Портов",
and the word used, 'Kolekcii', is a derivative of the word 'Kolekcija'.
How exactly should this be represented using entities? :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
This inert sentence is my body, but my soul is alive, dancing in the sparks of your brain.