docs/76056: /usr/lib entry in hier(7) man page

Enrique Matías Sánchez (aka Quique) cronopios at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:40:21 UTC 2005

>Number:         76056
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       /usr/lib entry in hier(7) man page
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
      [N.B.: I am not a native English speaker, so this might actually be my problem].

I don't really understand the /usr/lib entry in the hier man page:

    lib/	  archive libraries

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
      The FHS explanation seems more clear:

    /usr/lib : Libraries for programming and packages

/usr/lib includes object files, libraries, and internal binaries that are not intended to be executed directly by users or shell scripts.