Request For Inclusion in Mailing List.

Robert Downes nullentropy at lineone.net
Mon Feb 21 17:39:47 UTC 2005

Thirkield Holland wrote:

>I am new to Freebsd. I am seeking help with installing the boot manager and
>at the same time offering to contribute.   I only subscribed to this mailing
>list because I was directed to it by my first attempt to receive help from
>another email address(I am going to send your response to them). I noticed
>that you did not have anything positive to say in the way of help. If your
>email represents the mentality of this group, then I am asking help from the
>wrong people.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are talking about.

My post was referring to the email from Chanakya Open Source
Technologies. If my tone seemed negative, it was because I have the
suspicion that they are looking for money for their services, and not
offering to volunteer. If I am wrong, and COST is actually volunteering
its services for free, then I hereby apologise.

I'm not sure why you were directed to the freebsd-doc list for help,
because freebsd-doc tends to be for postings about documentation issues
that need to be addressed. If you would like help with FreeBSD technical
problems, an excellent place to start is the Usenet group:

    comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc

or the freebsd-questions mailing list.

Trust me, 90% of the people are friendly. In fact, most are more
friendly than you'll find on most other groups. I am not a good example,
as I have grown tired and cynical over my years.
--
Bob