docs/77851: articles/committers-guide: change Approved -> Reviewed

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 21 12:20:08 UTC 2005

The following reply was made to PR docs/77851; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org>
To: Florent Thoumie <flz at xbsd.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/77851: articles/committers-guide: change Approved -> Reviewed
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:19:23 +0100

 --UFHRwCdBEJvubb2X

 On 2005.02.21 12:59:15 +0100, Florent Thoumie wrote:

 > These are two different statements of the Committer's Guide. I think the
 > second one is erroneous.

 It isn't, it's different topics.

 > "Approved by" is only acceptable from non-mentored src committers -- ment=
 ored
 > committers can provide a "Reviewed by" but not an "Approved by".

 This is from the "2.1 Policy for doc/ committer activity in src/"
 section, ie. only for doc committers (if they are mentored or not)
 and only wrt. commtting to src/.

 > Until your mentor decides (and announces with a forced commit to access) =
 that
 > you have learned the ropes and are ready to commit on your own, you shoul=
 d not
 > commit anything without first getting your mentor's review and approval, =
 and
 > you should document that approval with an Approved by: line in the commit
 > message.

 This is general for all committers being mentored and is correct
 (though not entirely at least wrt. to doc/ people but that's another
 matter).

 --=20
 Simon L. Nielsen

 --UFHRwCdBEJvubb2X