docs/77693:

John Prather jprather at axon.cdc.uci.edu
Fri Feb 18 23:20:12 UTC 2005

>Number:         77693
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

System: FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #11: Thu Feb 17 14:55:19 PST 2005
    root at winterfell.peds.mc.uci.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WINTERFELL

acpi.4 is missing a line in the area describing acpi features which may
be disabled.  I am including a patch in the fix section to fix this.  The
video device may be disabled with debug.acpi.disabled, and in the case
of my laptop (dell inspiron 1100) is necessary for agp0 to be detected,
since there seems to be a conflict between acpi_video0 and agp0.

Since acpi_video0 won't do fullscreen X11 display on this box and
probably several more, acpi video must be disabled to take advantage
of the agp goodness.

This is my first send-pr, forgive me if i mucked something up

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

--- acpi.4.diff begins here ---
*** /usr/src/share/man/man4/acpi.4	Fri Oct  8 11:08:13 2004
--- ./acpi.4	Fri Feb 18 13:26:08 2005
***************
*** 307,312 ****
--- 307,315 ----
  .It Li timer
  .Pq Vt device
  Implements a timecounter using the ACPI fixed-frequency timer.
+ .It Li video
+ .Pq Vt device
+ Supports acpi_video which may conflict with agp device.
  .El
  .Pp
  It is also possible to avoid portions of the ACPI namespace which
--- acpi.4.diff ends here ---