To what address should I send a query regarding the error below...

Joe Altman fj at panix.com
Sat Feb 5 17:22:46 UTC 2005

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 12:15:41PM +0000, Ceri Davies wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 03:31:43PM -0500, Joe Altman wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 12:09:08PM -0800, Kent Stewart wrote:
> > >
> > > FWIW, I did a make clean and can build the US books.
> >
> > Huh....I tried make clean, after each failure, and no joy. I wonder if
> > it is because I have a refuse file for other languages?
>
> I don't think so; does "gs -sDEVICE=bit" drop you to a gs prompt, or
> fail?

vox# gs -sDEVICE=bit
GNU Ghostscript 7.07 (2003-05-17)
Copyright (C) 2003 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
Unknown device: bit

This, to see a prompt:

vox# gs
GNU Ghostscript 7.07 (2003-05-17)
Copyright (C) 2003 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.

Oh...wait. I think this means that I must have excluded a
driver, during the batch installation of ghostscript?

During the installation of (I think it was ghostscript) I deselected
some printer related things; I thought I had only left out things like
manufacturer related drivers. I guess I must have incorrectly excluded
something crucial.

Perhaps a deinstall/reinstall on ghostscript, then?

--
I have decided that Albert Ayler...gives me a headache.