question on the FAQ

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 1 04:29:31 UTC 2005

Stan,

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Stan Sorochan wrote:
> The FAQ on freebsd contains information on the following question:
> How do I let ordinary users mount floppies, CDROMs and other removable
> media?
>
> The instructions that the answer gives only work on FreeBSD 4.X
>
> Has anyone submitted instructions for solving this problem on FreeBSD 5.2
> etc?  Do you predict this part would be updated any time soon?

I can't see a PR for this, and it gets asked a LOT on -newbies, so I'll
write a patch at lunchtime today.

In the interim, you might want to check out
http://caia.swin.edu.au/reports/041130A/ and http://sig9.com/node/25 which
will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about user-mounting
filesystems.

Cheers,

David Adam
zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au