Some documentation issues on FreeBSD-6.0R

pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 31 01:25:37 UTC 2005

Hi;

I recently installed FreeBSD/AMD64 6.0R on my box and I thought i should share
some issues on FreeBSD's documentation.

- The installation documentation mentions the use of floppy drives (Q1.5.2) but
there are no floppies for AMD64.

- it also mentions wine:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/installation-amd64.html#Q1.6.5.
Unfortunately the wine port doesn't build on amd64

- The moused documentation is unclear.. I found it difficult to find out that I
had to add "-z 4" to moused to get the wheel recognized. USB is not an option
when configuring moused with sysinstall.

- When installing a "client" firewall, it ended up being key to open DHCP
access to the net. Perhaps it should be added to the default "client" config in
rc.firewall.

- We should probably have a section on resizing ntfs filesystems. I had to
download a linux "live CD" for this :(.

I hope mentioning this details helps improve (even more) the current
documentation but, in any case, thanks for the great job you've done.

cheers,

    Pedro.