DocBook toolchain questions

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Dec 22 17:31:55 UTC 2005

On 2005-11-15 18:40, Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy at gmail.com> wrote:
> A couple of questions about our DocBook to PDF translation process:

Hi Joseph,

This is a relatively old post, but I'm only now catching up with
freebsd-doc email after a long period of ${REALJOB} fun.  Please
ignore any replies for which you have more definitive feedback.

> 1) Is it possible to use <olink> to refer to documentation named by
>    entities (say other documents) inside our documentation collection?
>    Using <ulink url=""> forces links to go to HTML documents.

AFAIK, no.  There is an open bug report about this: docs/27605

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=docs/27605

> 2) I noticed that <ulink url=""> elements are getting rendered as
>    "TEXT" + "URL" in the PDF document.  Why don't we use PDF links
>    directly?

IIRC, this doesn't work with both jade and openjade.  I could be wrong
though.

> 3) Is is possible to render <programlisting> elements with a smaller
>    than default font?

Yes, of course.  By tweaking the stylesheet :-)