Contributors article cleanup

Joel Dahl joel at automatvapen.se
Tue Aug 30 13:14:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 13:59 +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> I'd even wonder if it worth to add persons that did not commit more
> than, let's say, 20 times on 2-3 years.  The aim is to have a list of
> real developers (by "real" I mean persons who really contributed to
> FreeBSD) for the "Development Team Alumni."
> Well I'm not sure it's a good idea, anyway :)

First, I'd like to bring the developers section into shape, and after
that we can work on removing people from the Development Team Alumni (as
in people who hasn't committed enough).

I'm sure we can remove A LOT more people from the developers section
though, since many haven't committed anything in years, but they are
still listed in various access files (like access.unclassified).

I'll commit what I have today (move people to the Dev Alumni + a few
extra fixes), but I'm not sure what to do with these two:

FreeBSD Java™ Project
Patrick S. Gardella <patrick at FreeBSD.org>

XFree86 Project, Inc. Liaison
Rich Murphey <rich at FreeBSD.org>

Both patrick and rich have handed in their commit bits.  Should I mark
these spots with "seat open" or should I remove both seats completely?

> On a same manner (i.e. cleanup of old committers) we should maybe
> remove "useless" pgpkeys from the Handbook.

I'll have a look, if time permits.

(Sorry if something looks strange, I wrote this _really_ fast. :)

--
Joel