FreeBSD doc packages - docs/71153

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 18 17:11:15 UTC 2005

Hi Simon,

"Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <20050612170112.GT821 at zaphod.nitro.dk>:

si> The doc packages have now been more or less broken for about a year
si> (yes I should have gotten around to looking at it, but...) and I have
si> yet to hear anyone mention this (other than ceri in the docs/71153).
si>
si> So, is there really a point in keeping doc packages around?  I don't
si> really think they are that interesting and they in account for a large
si> part of doc/ on the FTP mirrors.

 I guess few people know about the doc packages and/or most of people
 read the docs online only...

 Well, what do you think about removing the current doc packages and
 providing ports which simply fetch and install tarballs built
 in doc/$LANGCODE during a full build?
 In the ports collection, periodical build check is performed
 on pointyhat and they have better visibility for people, I think.