Project Evil

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 12 19:22:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 11:03:23PM +0200, Siebrand Mazeland (Kitano ICT) wrote:
> Hi David and Mark,
>
> After reading David's first mail I've contacted wpaul@ (2005-08-01) to try
> and get some confirmation about the quality of the tutorial that David
> offered. So far Bill has not yet responded, unfortulately.
>
> I would like to edit the article and convert it to SGML if I get some
> 'authoritative' confirmation about the validity of the information in the
> tutorial, or as I put it to Bill: "My question to you is if you could take a
> look at the above mentioned web page [1] and let me know if the information
> in it is a) correct and b) sufficient for the 'Handbook scope' (i.e. general
> interest and a 'quick start')."

Is the current Handbook section (26.3.3.6.3
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html)
related to NDISulator wrong about the old way (5.X)?
The "ndisgen way" is not documented though; someone with the hardware
needs to take care of this task, before 6.0 release it'd be great.

Siebrand, if you do not have access to the hardware you may be able to
check the correctness of David's text via mailing list archives
regarding ndisgen, and if David's agrees with the integration of some
part of his text in the Handbook: please handle this update task.

Marc