kernel debugging without dump: maybe bad location of doc

Petr Holub hopet at ics.muni.cz
Wed Aug 10 12:04:30 UTC 2005

Hi all,

accidentaly, we have come across one thing that might be worth
reorganizing in the docs: the guide how to find failed instruction
on panic is in the faq 18.14 instead of in the kernel debugging
section of the Developer's guide. See my discussion with Kris:

> least the dump.
> > >
> > > Well, I thought it was in there somewhere..basically you look at the
> > > instruction pointer and compare to the list of symbols reported by
> >
> > After further searching I've found it somewhere where I didn't expect
> > it: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/advanced.html
>
> Weird, that should be in the developers handbook.  Perhaps you could
> mail the docs team and/or submit a PR requesting the move?

Could you reorganize this?

Thanks!
Petr

                            Petr Holub
CESNET z.s.p.o.                       Supercomputing Center Brno
Zikova 4                             Institute of Compt. Science
162 00 Praha 6, CZ                            Masaryk University
Czech Republic                     Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ
e-mail: Petr.Holub at cesnet.cz               phone: +420-549493944
                                             fax: +420-541212747
                                       e-mail: hopet at ics.muni.cz