docs/84645: intro(6) manpage should always be installed or ...

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Sun Aug 7 14:50:18 UTC 2005

>Number:         84645
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       intro(6) manpage should always be installed or ...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical

The intro(1) manpage cross-references the intro(6) manpage and some
users will waste time determining the reason that there is no intro(6)
manpage, if they don't know that they didn't install it with the
"games" distribution during OS install.

>How-To-Repeat:
n/a

>Fix:
Either

1) Always install the intro(6) manpage after adding some words about
the likely reason for the absence of other section 6 manpages.

2) just remove the cross-reference.

If committers will commit to one solution, I'll do more work on this.