[patch] Update section 8.4 in the handbook

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Sat Apr 16 11:18:08 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 01:02:25PM +0200, Joel Dahl wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The attached patch contains some corrections to section 8.4 (the
> configuration file) in our handbook:
>
> o  Move "device npx" and "device loop"
>
> o  Remove "maxusers n" and "#makeoptions DEBUG=-g"

[...]

If you remove the maxusers part, you should actually move it to "Tuning
Kernel Limits" section since this one mentions the maxusers option.  The
current part of the kernel config section may be useful (maybe in a
reworded version).
Regarding #makeoptions DEBUG=-g, I think this one should be kept since
we use to see too much "how to build a kernel with debugging symbols"
questions.

Marc