documentation and specification for freebsd internals

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Tue Apr 5 02:47:33 UTC 2005

I would love to see something like this take shape, but I've got
a few extra ideas and requirements to offer.  Here goes...

The system would be very wiki-like, but it would have explicit
support for binding pages to arbitrary path names in FreeBSD
(and maybe some other name spaces, as well).

The system would allow some of its pages to be mechanically
created, rather than hand-edited.  This would allow interested
folks to write scripts which grovel over the tree and produce
pages, diagrams, etc.

FWIW, I recently created a set of Perl document mechanization
scripts for a software project:

   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/exp/glast/flight/web/e_tut/docs.shtml
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/exp/glast/flight/web/e_tut/doc_mech.shtml

-r