status of 5.3 TODO items

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 21 19:52:35 UTC 2004

On 2004.09.22 04:14:30 +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I would like to make sure the status of the following items
>  as the day of RELENG_5_3 branch is approaching...
>
> >   +------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> >   |       Issue       |   Status    |  Responsible  |     Description      |
> >   |-------------------+-------------+---------------+----------------------|
> >   |                   |             |               | The snd(4) and       |
> >   |                   |             |               | pcm(4) drivers have  |
> >   |                   |             |               | been renamed but     |
> >   |                   |             |               | their manual pages   |
> >   |                   |             |               | are still outdated.  |
> >   |                   |             |               | sound(4) has to be   |
> >   |                   |             |               | added and pcm(4),    |
> >   |                   |             |               | csa(4), gusc(4),     |
> >   | sound(4) related  | In progress | Simon L.      | sbc(4), and          |
> >   | manual pages      |             | Nielsen       | uaudio(4) should be  |
> >   |                   |             |               | revised. Other       |
> >   |                   |             |               | manual pages which   |
> >   |                   |             |               | refer to pcm(4) (if  |
> >   |                   |             |               | any) should possibly |
> >   |                   |             |               | be revised, too. In  |
> >   |                   |             |               | addition, supported  |
> >   |                   |             |               | cards list needs to  |
> >   |                   |             |               | be updated.          |
> >   +------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
>  Simon, I think necessary changes have been committed.
>  Is this still in progress?

The sound infrastructure manual page (pcm(4)) and the existing device
manual pages have been updated, but there is still missing manual
pages for the rest of the sound devices.  Unfortunatly I currently
don't have that much time for FreeBSD, so I doubt will be able to work
more on this before 5.3 is released.

Anyway, I think this task can be marked as done, since the important
part is done (by ru).

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team