License

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Thu Sep 2 14:19:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 05:12:52PM +0300, Soft Support wrote:
> Hello, i'm sorry my english is not very well.
> I need to know about FreeBSD licensing, how to use it?
> FreeBSD system is always Free?? Or for corporate using is this Not Free?
> Thank you!

In the sense you're asking, it's always free.  However, there are
a couple of restrictions on software you distribute that includes
parts of the FreeBSD code - but those restrictions mostly say that
you should include the FreeBSD copyright, nothing more.

http://www.FreeBSD.org/copyright/freebsd-license.html

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
Do you think anybody has ever had *precisely this thought* before?