TCP Wrappers section (handbook/security): services is not daemons

Denis Peplin den at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 15 14:05:59 UTC 2004

Hello!

Tom Rhodes wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:33:57 +0400
> Denis Peplin <den at freebsd.org> wrote:
>

>>Hello!
>>
>>Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>>>Ah, now that I see the log message...
>>>
>>>These two are really separate, a bit unrelated changes.  If you do
>>>commit the change to security/chapter.sgml do it in a second commit.
>>>This way the CVS log entry of each file contains text that is relevant
>>>to that file and not to some other, random stuff.
>>
>>ok, not a problem :)
>

> I just don't like to see a ton of note this and note that
> throughout the handbook.  It looks rather ugly and is overused
> in many cases as a replacement for rewriting the section to
> conform to all releases.  It's so much easier, IMO, to tag the
> handbook; however, that is not a fight I can win here.

I hope, this is not fight with me :)
[attempt to joke above]

Yes, it so hard to fix all things, that really ugly.
As translator, I work with huge amount of text from handbook, and some
parts of it near to "too bad to translate".
But it is at least better than nothing :)

And, of course, you can commit another solution for issues,
discussed in this topic, w/o asking me.