pam.conf

freebsd at dreamchaser.org freebsd at dreamchaser.org
Fri Oct 15 06:43:44 UTC 2004

Thanks!

My question wasn't so much where to look for the info on the web,
as I solved my particular problem, but whether or not there is a
missing piece in the distribution. It seems to me that if one gets an
error message saying there is a pam problem, a "man pam" ought to get
one pointers to where to deal with it, particularly if the task is
how to configure pam services; and doing so in this case
doesn't work.  man pam gives one the hint that /etc/pam.conf is the
file of interest, but there isn't a template or a man page for it.  If
the article on pam is supposed to be the reference for how to edit
pam.conf and the files in pam.d, then the man page for pam should
reference it, imho.

My query was made with the intent of suggesting an improvement in the
docs.  I'm currently not, unfortunately, in a position of actually
working on them.  I'm trying to bring up a system with enough
storage to build things and make some useful contributions, but it's
a fair ways from being there.

Gary