docs/74231: Conflicting information on mergemaster -p

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Nov 22 13:51:58 UTC 2004

The following reply was made to PR docs/74231; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr>
To: Brian Candler <b.candler at pobox.com>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/74231: Conflicting information on mergemaster -p
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:37:38 +0200

 On 2004-11-22 10:18, Brian Candler <b.candler at pobox.com> wrote:

 > Make it clear where mergemaster -p should be done in the entire process:
 > is it ever required before buildworld, or only before installworld?

 AFAIK, mergemaster -p is only needed before installworld.  The makefile
 `magic' of the build process is smart enough to handle the buildworld
 stage without mergemaster's help.

 I could be wrong, but I have been running mergemaster -p only before
 installworld, while in single-user mode, for years now.  I don't recall
 any problems with that.