Proposal regarding security chapter

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Fri Nov 19 19:37:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 08:19:35PM +0100, Remko Lodder wrote:
> my thoughts:
>
> Split security into security and firewall
> update book.sgml to have firewall below security
> (and before mac) and update other references as well.
>
> I would like to hear your opinions about this :)

"Firewall", by itself, doesn't feel like an intuitive place to split
topics to me (aside from the convenience of its size).  However, I can
see a natural split between network security and host security.  In that
scenario, MAC would become the largest portion of the host security
chapter.

That still leaves security with 2 chapters, unfortunately. It only
addressed the page count balance between the two chapters.

-T

--
CP/M-86 *screams* on a PII/400.
    -- Dave Brown, a.s.r.