cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors chapter.sgml

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 13 23:18:47 UTC 2004

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. píše v so 13. 11. 2004 v 17:11 -0600:
> Pav Lucistnik wrote:
>
> >pav         2004-11-13 18:02:50 UTC
> >
> >  FreeBSD doc repository (ports committer)
> >
> >  Modified files:
> >    en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors chapter.sgml
> >  Log:
> >  - Remove a ports related section of CVSup refuse example. There are people
> >    who blindly copy this example to their environment. These people end
> >    with ports tree uncapable of building INDEX (some ports depend on ports
> >    in japanese category, which is refused in this example).
> >
> >    The remaining part of example still does a good job in demonstrating
> >    CVSup refuse file syntax.
> >
> >  Approved by:    simon (doc hat),
> >                  linimon (portmgr hat)
> >
> >  Revision  Changes    Path
> >  1.366     +3 -17     doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors/chapter.sgml
> >

> Hmm, I was just helping a fellow on questions@ who had this problem on his
> workstation.
>
> It seems well to me (not that I matter much) to do this much;
> additionally, what about
> the section in handbook Appendix A on CVSup (where the text is nearly
> identical,
> though the example is not there)?
>
> Would it be a Good Thing(tm) to add a brief warning that you shouldn't
> expect to
> refuse anything in the  ports tree and call 'make index' or 'portsdb
> -uU', etc.,
> but you can fix the problem by "make fetchindex" if necessary . . .

Mind you, this is a chapter on CVSup, not chapter on ports. I agree a
big fat sign about refusing ports and how bad idea it is could do, but
somewhere in Ports section of Handbook, not here...

Anyway I'm not doc fellow, I'll leave it up on someone with doc hat.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

An arrow (+0,+0) {@f0} finds a mark. It dies.