pdf of the very latest handbook available?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri Nov 12 17:34:10 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-12 07:06, misnagid <misnagid at usa.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The Handbook that is available at:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html
> is indeed the latest version.  When I download the handbook in other formats
> from:
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
> the versions are older.  I have been primarily looking at the pdf format.
> I appear to be unable to print out the very latest version when it is in
> single html format.
> Is there a pdf version of the very latest version available somewhere?

I'm not sure how the FTP files are updated, so someone more keen on that
should reply to this.

> The very latest version is obviously absolutely required in order to properly
> install and use the latest 5.3 release FreeBSD.

Err, the CD-ROM includes a couple of renditions of the necessary Handbook bits
(text and HTML versions of the installation instructions):

Look for the files INSTALL.HTM and INSTALL.TXT at the root directory of your
CD-ROM disk.