docs/66481: [patch] share/examples/diskless/README.TEMPLATING tyops

Michel Lavondès fox at vader.aacc.cc.md.us
Tue May 11 06:30:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Warren Block wrote:

> On Mon, 10 May 2004, Michel Lavondès wrote:
>
> > --- share/examples/diskless/README.TEMPLATING.orig	Wed May  5 09:17:25 2004
> > +++ share/examples/diskless/README.TEMPLATING	Wed May  5 09:19:47 2004
>
> > -            it descending into on the source to obtain a list of exceptions
> > +            it descends into on the source to obtain a list of exceptions
>                                 ^^
> The "on" should be removed.

I don't think so. The whole sentence reads as follows:

        *   The program accesses a file called .cpignore in each directory
            it descends into on the source to obtain a list of exceptions
            for that directory -- that is, files not to copy or mess with.

Perhaps it could be reworded as "each directory of the source [tree] into
which it descends", but this is (IMHO) a matter of taste, and I'd rather
not get involved in those.

--
"I'd ask if you'd found the right sort of isolated wasteland for your
citadel of dread yet, but that would be a silly question; you're in Utah,