[REVIEW REQUEST]: New chapter on MAC (draft)

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 10 23:29:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:18:50 +0200
"Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 2004.05.10 16:51:53 -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> > Hey FreeBSD-doc,
> >
> > I've written a new chapter for the handbook on implementing the
> > MAC features in 5.X.  It includes configuration, testing, module
> > description that augments the section we already have, and shows
> > examples of the policies.
>
> In general: great! :-).  I have been looking at the MAC label policies a
> few times without really understanding how they were suposed to work.
> It has helped a lot to read this chapter!

That was the intention!  Thanks!

> > I'm not worried about whitespace right now, only correctness in the
> > information presented, markup, and wording.
>
> I have some comments below.  I will try to go over it again tomorrow in
> more detail to give more comments.

I'll merge these then; a quick review of your comments shows
that you're correct.  Someone new  won't know the
difference between 'subject' and 'object'.  I'll get that
tonight.

My only question is about the comments on the portacl policy,
but I'm sure that will come to light once you've sent in either
a patch or comments.  I don't suggest patch because I'll be working
on this tonight.  :)

> BTW, there are some <screen> parts that are indented, which shouldn't be
> (not mentioned below since it is more or less whitespace).

Yea, the whitespace will be 'clean' on my commit.  A lot of it
looks downright horrible and misaligned.  I was more concerned
with 'information' and 'correctness' than anything else.

--
Tom Rhodes