docs/66292: [patch] ahc.4 tyops an grammar fixes

fox at vader.aacc.cc.md.us fox at vader.aacc.cc.md.us
Fri May 7 13:50:19 UTC 2004

The following reply was made to PR docs/66292; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: fox at vader.aacc.cc.md.us
To: Christian Brueffer <chris at unixpages.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/66292: [patch] ahc.4 tyops an grammar fixes
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 09:41:52 -0400 (EDT)

 On Fri, 7 May 2004, Christian Brueffer wrote:

 > On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 10:31:13AM -0700, Michel Lavondès wrote:
 > >
 > > ("straight forward" should be "straightforward" in ahc.4)
 >
 > According to the Oxford English dictionary, the original spelling
 > (straight forward) is correct.  See point 3 of the link below.
 >
 > http://dictionary.oed.com/cgi/entry/00238799?single=1&query_type=word&queryword=straightforward&edition=2e&first=1&max_to_show=10

 Sorry, can't access that without coughing up $300, so it's not gonna
 happen. :-) But M-W doesn't mention that spelling or recognizes it when
 offered. See:

 http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=straightforward
 http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=straight+forward

 But I don't want to turn this into a dictionary or language flame, so I'll
 let you decide. (like I have a choice anyway. :-) )

 --
 "I'd ask if you'd found the right sort of isolated wasteland for your
 citadel of dread yet, but that would be a silly question; you're in Utah,