Clarifying kernel debug documentation

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 29 21:36:04 UTC 2004

On Monday, 29 March 2004 at 11:13:44 -0500, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For old hands at FreeBSD, debugging a kernel is no problem.
>
> However, I feel that the documentation at
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html
>
> is not explicit enough about the entries to add to rc.conf.

I see it's been updated recently, but I suspect that there's a lot
that still needs to be done.  You might like to look at gdb(4) in
-CURRENT and incorporate some of the stuff there.  There's also my
debug tutorial at http://www.lemis.com/papers/Taiwan/tutorial.pdf,
from which you can extract anything you want for inclusion in the
handbook.

Greg
--
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.