cvs commit: src/share/man/man5 passwd.5

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 24 18:41:44 UTC 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:36:16 -0800 (PST)
Daniel Harris <dannyboy at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> dannyboy    2004/03/21 11:36:16 PST
>
>   FreeBSD src repository (doc,ports committer)
>
>   Modified files:
>     share/man/man5       passwd.5
>   Log:
>   Login classes are not "unused."
>   Reference login.conf(5).

Which reminds me, in the manual page under 'RESERVED CAPABILITIES' we
have the

passwordtime      time                Used by passwd(1) to set next pass-
                                           word expiry date.

settings.  These are listed as 'non supported by the base system' yet
have the warnpassword option under 'AUTHENTICATION'.  There is no
Xref to pw(8), and the pw(8) manual page is a little difficult to
follow for new users.

I'm not really saying we should rewrite the pw(8) manual page, but
the login.conf(5) manual page could use a touch up with regards
to the things I listed above.  If no one here objects, I'll do
this sometime soon.  /me == busy.

--
Tom Rhodes