ports/63035: textproc/xhtml-basic: fix SGMLDECL problem

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 2 06:10:21 UTC 2004

Hi, sorry for the delay.

"Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <20040219150116.GC55843 at madman.celabo.org>:

nectar> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=63035
nectar>
nectar> Hmm, the SGMLDECL is required for jade and nsgmls.  Perhaps someone on
nectar> freebsd-doc@ can explain the best way to set this up to support the
nectar> widest variety of tools.

 It is true, but SGMLDECL is too strong so that if ${PREFIX}/share/sgml/
 catalog.ports is used and one of the catalogs has SGMLDECL "xml1.dcl",
 tools such as nsgmls assume that all documents are written in XML.
 So people cannot use SGML docs with this declaration.  SGMLDECL is
 for stand-alone, DTD specific catalog, and one of the features that
 should not be used in the catalog-chain like ${PREFIX}/share/sgml/
 catalog.ports.

 How about using DTDDECL instead?  DTDDECL is a more reasonable
 solution.  Some old tools do not support this, but the SGML declaration
 for the standard SGML and the standard XML are usually built-in
 the SGML/XML tools, so I do not think that is problematic.

 Please let me know if you need a patch, thanks.